Surprise everyone by preparing this delicious coconut cake, filled with a creamy and delicious toasted coconut topping, an incredible vanilla sponge cake. It’s completely addictive, don’t think twice and prepare it for dessert time!
- Select all ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups of cow’s milk for the cake buttermilk
- 2 lemons juice only, for the cake (buttermilk)
- 1 1/2 cups of butter for the cake 340 grams
- 8 eggs for the cake
- 1 teaspoon of liquid vanilla for the cake
- 3 1/2 cups flour for the cake
- 4 teaspoons baking powder for the cake
- 1 teaspoon baking soda for the cake
- 1 teaspoon salt for the cake
- 1 cup shredded coconut toasted, for the cake
- 1 1/2 cups sugar for the cake 300 grams
- 4 packages of cream cheese for the frosting
- 3/4 cups coconut cream for the frosting
- 1/2 cups whipping cream for the frosting
- to taste the shredded coconut for garnish.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- For the buttermilk, mix the milk with the lemon juice, let stand for 15 minutes.
- For the cake, beat the sugar with the butter until creamy, add the eggs one by one, the vanilla essence, and beat for 7 more minutes.
- With the help of a sifter, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt alternating with the lemon, milk, and coconut beat for 7 minutes.
- Place in two greased and floured cake pans and bake for 35 minutes, or until a cocktail stick is inserted and comes out clean. Let cool and set aside.
- For the coconut frosting, beat cream cheese, coconut cream, and whipping cream for 8 minutes. Let cool, divide in two, and set aside.
- On a cake base, add half of the frosting, spread it over the whole cake with a spatula.
- Place the other cake base on top, cover the cake with the rest of the frosting and decorate with toasted coconut.