If you feel like starting the day with energy, there is nothing better than savoring some French toast. It is a recipe that originated in France, simple to make, and it accepts several variations. The French toast has a more traditional preparation style and is adapted to different variations according to taste. As part of the gastronomic delights, they can be enjoyed for breakfast, snacks, or even dessert. Although they are generally prepared with sweet ingredients such as syrup, chocolate, jams, or fruits, there are many other options. In these cases, they can be served with guacamole or combined with fresh cheeses. And the result is delicious.
Other savory options that are excellent are canned fish and sausages. As we can see, creativity is what prevails when deciding. It is recommended to eat them warm, as they acquire a specific texture that is not always appealing. The procedure to make them consists of dipping the bread in a mixture of egg and milk and then frying it. Finally, accompany with whatever you enjoy the most.
- 6 thick slices of stale or sliced bread.
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml of milk
- 3 spoonfuls of sugar
- Butter for frying
- A teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Beat with the help of a whisk until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Then dip the slices of bread in this mixture, being careful that the bread does not fall apart. Instead, it should be inundated with the help of a skimmer and removed without breaking.
- In a frying pan, place a tablespoon of butter, and when it has melted, fry the bread slice. Once it is browned on one side and the egg has set, turn it over and wait until it is done on the other side.
- Repeat the procedure until the slices are done and place them on absorbent paper if there is excess butter.
- Serve immediately to keep the ideal texture. Serve with the ingredients you like the most. They can be sprinkled with cinnamon, served with fresh fruit, ice cream, syrups, and many other options.
Did you see for yourself how simple it is to make this French toast? You can’t miss trying them at home and free rein to your imagination to experiment with infinite possibilities. It is a straightforward, tasty recipe that you can combine with many ingredients. So dare to prepare it, and you will love it.