Do you want to make a puff pastry apple pie recipe without custard but don’t know how? Well, look no further because, at joanlori, we have the solution to your problem. Whether it’s because of lack of time or because you don’t like custard, you can use custard for apple pie instead, and you’ll get an easy and equally delicious puff pastry apple pie!
Discover how to make this apple pie with puff pastry and custard in a short time and in a very simple way by following the step by step of this recipe and surprise your family with a different and very tasty preparation.
- 1 sheet of fresh puff pastry
- 2 Golden Apples
- 500 grams of custard
- 50 grams of water
- 50 grams of sugar (¼ cup)
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- The first thing we have to do to prepare this puff pastry apple tart and custard is to preheat the oven to 220ºC from top and bottom.
- Then, take a sheet of parchment paper, place it on top of a baking tray or round mold and place the puff pastry sheet on top without leaving the edges. Next, prick the puff pastry base with a fork so that it does not rise in the oven.
- Then take the custard, mix it well, and spread it evenly over the apple pie puff pastry.
- Next, wash, peel and cut the apples into thin slices and place them evenly on the custard.
- Then bring the water with the sugar to a boil and wait for it to dissolve. This will make the syrup for our apple pie without cream. Now let it cool and reserve it for later.
- Next, put the easy puff pastry apple pie in the oven and bake it for about 20 minutes or until the edges of the puff pastry are golden brown.
- Finally, remove the apple pie without cream from the baking pan or mold, place it on a wire rack or plate, let it cool, paint with a brush with the syrup we had reserved and sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon on top. This way, our apple pie with puff pastry and custard will be delicious and shiny!